UNiKA PRO-USB is a professional Passive DI box designed to convert USB digital audio signals like those from mobile phones, tablets, laptops, computers and other digital audio sources to low impedance balanced analogue signals like those required by a mixing console, soundcard, pre-amp or powered speaker. As PRO-USB is powered via the USB TYPE C terminal, no batteries or other power supplies are required.
UNiKA PRO’s specially-selected audio isolation transformer and built-in 192kHz/32bit Digital Audio Converter (DAC) ensure an exceptionally musical sound, rich in harmonics.
- PRO-USB features a high-quality headphone monitor output for fault-finding and cueing and the LED power indicator flashes with the beat.
- UNiKA PRO-USB is equally at home on stage or in the studio with a rugged steel casing, full-length anti-slip mat and recessed connectors.
- USB PLAYBACK — USB TYPE-C connector delivers digital audio from the USB socket to the Digital Audio Converter (DAC) built-in to the UNIKA PRO-USB. Conversion sample rate is up to 192kHz/32 bit and most common lossless and compressed Digital Audio formats are automatically converted.
- BEAT — illuminates when a signal is present and flashes in time with the beat from the music.
- MONITOR OUT — Mini TRS headphone jack compatible with 16 Ohm to 600 Ohm headphones.
- MONITOR LEVEL — Headphone rotary volume control.
- ISO OUT L and R — XLRs connect the transformer-balanced low impedance outputs to the inputs of a mixing console, sound card, pre-amp, powered speaker or other audio device using a standard XLR cable.
- GND/LIFT — Breaks the ground at the output of both transformers to eliminate hum and noise caused by ground loops.
- SOURCE ACTIVE LED — illuminates when powered from the TYPE-C Connector.
- Rugged Steel Chassis—with Anti-Scratch Paint.
- Anti-Slip Mat — full-length, flexible plastic pad cushions and stabilises the PRO-USB.
PRO-USB audio playback and recording bridge is compatible with Windows 10, Mac OSX, Linux, iOS and Android operating systems. In most situations this is plug–and-play without additional driver software. There are some exceptions. Please visit www.unikapro.com for details.
PRO-USB audio processing is audiophile quality, transmitting up to 192kHz/32 bit stereo PCM audio and supporting the Native Direct Stream Digital (DSD) audio streaming format. The headphone amp has the power to handle even the most demanding high and low impedance consumer and professional headphones and earbuds.
- Circuit Principle: Passive with Transformer Balanced Output
- USB Version & terminal: Ver 2.0 TYPE-C
- UAC Convert & sample rate: 32 bit/ 192kHz
- DAC Convert & sample rate: 32 bit/ 192kHz with 2x DSD
- Power Supply: By computer or mobile phone via TYPE-C connector with LED indicator
- Music beat indicator: LED
- Output Terminal: 2 X XLR Male socket through balancing ISO transformer
- Output GND/LIFT switch: Shared push button
- Maximum output level: 0,778Vrms
- Headphone output power: 30mW @32Ω/per ch & 5mW @600Ω/per ch
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz, ±0.5dB
- S/N Ratio @20Hz-20kHz un-weighted: Greater than 110dB
- T.H.D @1kHz 0dBV Output: Less than 0.005%
- Balance output impedance: 50Ω
- Type of ISO Transformer: 1+1:1+1
- Chassis: 1.6mm/1.2mm steel
- Finish: Anti-scratch paint
- Dimension (W X D X H): 78 X 124 X 46mm
- Unit Weight: 0,61 kg
Connect to computer
If you need to use the ASIO driver to play DSD stream files in WINDOWS 10, or connect PRO USB it the WINDOWS 7 system, please download the driver from the official website
MacOSX no need to install ASIO driver either play normal music format or DSD. >When PRO USB is successfully connected to the computer, UNiKA USB DEVICE will be displayed in the sound card option, because the computer has automatically defaulted PRO USB as its external sound card. If it is not automatically recognized, you can open the settings to change it. If the connection is successful, the "SOURCE ACTIVE blue light on the top cover of the PRO USB will also light up", indicating that it has been powered by the computer.
Connect to IOS / Android
For Android OS, Use the TYPE-C to TYPE-C or Micro USB to TYPE-C data cable to connect the phone and PRO USB, then you can connect and play. After the connection is successful, the blue "SOURCE ACTIVE" light on the cover will also light up . For iOS, Limited by Apple’s special transmission encryption method, some models may not be able to directly connect to PRO USB via TYPE-C USB for playback. It is recommended to purchase Apple’s original lightning or TYPE-C OTG dongle for connection.
CT7601SR USB/DSD Audio Bridge
CT-7601SR is a single chip audio USB 2.0/1.1 playback and record bridge. It compatible with Windows, Mac OS, iOS and Android and plug and play no need extra driver.
Audio Decoding Capacity
- PCM (Stereo) support up to 192KHz/32bit through USB port.
- DSD (Native) support 2x bandwidth through USB port.
CS43131 Digital Audio Connverter & HA
The CS43131 combines a next generation, low power audio DAC with a high-fidelity headphone amplifier to provide a superior system-level audio performance without draining battery life. This IC minimizes board space requirements while enabling performance and features to drive design differentiation. The CS43131 can support excellent audio quality with a wide range of headphones. This IC can drive 2 VRMS of output into 600 Ω high impedance headphones with an inter-channel isolation of >110 dB, and 30mW into 32 Ω low impedance headphones. To minimize pre-echo and ringing artifacts, the CS43131 is designed with proprietary digital-interpolation filters that support five selectable digital filter responses. Filtering options include low group delay with pseudo-linear phase and a fast or slow roll-off. Volume matching of the analog output levels and channel mixing enable a seamless transition between the DSD and PCM playback paths. The onboard low noise, ground-centered headphone amplifier provides proprietary AC impedance detection to support headphone fingerprinting to provide a consistent and transparent audio experience for the end user regardless of transducer impedances or frequency responses. The amplifier also supports adaptive post processing for customer bundled and third party headphones/headsets. An integrated auxillary audio input and "click-less" switch is provided for non-high-fidelity use cases.
Est. 1985. Strictly Confidential...
UNiKA has manufactured high-quality audio products for internationally-respected brands for over 35 years. So you may already own, love, and depend on a quality product proudly-designed and built in Taiwan by UNiKA. We would love to name names but as we have promised confidentiality our lips are sealed!
We have a passion for great-sounding gear. So we decided to start our own brand to give our team the freedom to build and market their exceptional designs. Enter UNiKA Pro!
That was 2018 and there is now a comprehensive range of top-spec Dante I/O interfaces—the NBB Series—and an entry-level range of budget DI's—the Stage Series. Go check them out! Based on customer feedback, dealers and distributors asked us to make a flagship DI series with the emphasis on musicality but without a boutique price-tag. So how did we do this? It started with the transformer….
At the heart of all PRO Series DIs is the UNiKA EI30A10E 1+1:1+1 audio isolation transformer. This is a bespoke design with a special copper foil layer and dedicated grounding layer. It has been specially-selected to enhance musicality by producing a sound rich in harmonics.
Grounding interference and leakage caused by potential differences are minimised and low impedance balanced outputs allow long cable runs with the very best audio quality.